Thursday 17 April 2014

Naturalising


It rolls us under, much and less than before.
Tripping caress of tongue over teeth, lips,
drool spools words gone dry.
So, you pass it back.
So I breathe, release a tentative smile.

Cold winds chasm between us,
but we bridge it with thighs pressed together.
Eyes, many eyes, too many
snatching memories of
my brows drawn in, your blush, my fingers dancing,
your breath stirring neglect.

We flex, pass it back
Amlost...not enough

There is hope that the broken parts are not
too sharp.
Though they claw beneath the yawn
and fear, red, worming into silences that stretch
strangely comfortable.

we have lips that could kiss...
we know

Round faces of strangers, seen, always at the edge
we are not alone, nor able to escape (that which shaped us)
perceptions stunted, then too broad.

So, you pass it back.
So I, I make an offering of a smile.

And it stings.
Burns beneath my breast, in the pit of me
an aching
breathless yet with laughter, hidden behind a hand that shakes.

I take sips from the gentle ocean of you
your eyes reflect my storms


No comments:

Post a Comment